Would you like to join the European Energetic Transition?
FAAM is building a Gigafactory in Teverola for the production of cells, modules, and battery packs for Electric Vehicles, Energy Storage, Industrial, and Special applications. This is to be underpinned by a strong R&D Department.
In joining us you will take part in a very strategic project for the European lithium battery value chain.
We are looking for a Research Scientist with experience in cathode and anode active materials for secondary battery applications. Knowledge of electrochemistry and slurry processing methods is essential. Experience in cell scale-up is advantageous. The position will be located with us in Teverola, Caserta, Italy. This position will be within the R&D Team.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, purpose-driven professional who wants to help us in the deployment of one of the most important projects in Europe.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the R&D team to evaluate new technologies and processes.
- Carry out physical, chemical and electrochemical characterization of new active materials.
- Demonstrate scalability of new processes and materials, through coin cells, to single and multi-layer pouch cells.
- Support the effective technology transfer of new designs to the production team.
- Analyze data, present and make recommendations to management
- Support management in the deployment of a Technology Roadmap – including (but not limited to) technologies, active materials and processing.
- Participate in European and global conferences and represent the company.
- Support the construction/improvement of the team.
- Degree in Electrochemical or Chemical Engineering
- PhD (Chemistry, Physics or Engineering) orExperience in Li-ion battery cell development at an industrial level
- Strong knowledge of cathode and anode materials, as well as other components (e.g. separators/electrodes, battery devices, etc.)
- Experience in the manufacturing process of Li-on cells
- Experience in R&D projects
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is a MUST
- Fluency in Italian (oral and written) is a PLUS
- Ability to work under pressure, with flexibility and to manage tight deadlines
- Location in Teverola, Caserta, Southern Italy
- Live and work close to Naples, Costiera Amalfitana, Capri, and Rome
- Stimulating work environment
- Full-time job
- Salary to be defined with Management (negotiable)
- Competitive conditions with good insurance and pension schemes
- Start date: ASAP, on-site
State aid: Commission approves €3.2 billion public support by seven Member States for a pan-European research and innovation project in all segments of the battery value chain: Link
For application send an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org