Would you like to join the European Energetic Transition?
FAAM is building a Gigafactory in Teverola for the production of cells, modules, and battery packs for Electric Vehicle, Energy Storage, Industrial, and Special applications.
In joining us you will take part in a very strategic project for the European lithium battery value chain.
We are looking for a Mechanical Cell Designer with experience in li-on cell development and strong attitude to change management, who want to work with us in Teverola, Caserta, Italy.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, purpose-drive professional who wants to help us in the deployment of one of the most important projects in Europe.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and produce prototype lithium-ion cells designs for Energy Storage Systems, Industrial and bespoke applications
- Effectively technology transfer new designs to production team.
- Coordinate and plan testing activities
- Develop mechanical drawings and models with the goal of creating more efficient products
- Work with Process Engineering team, R&D, Battery System team, to down select emerging advanced materials and integrate into iterative designs
- Work in collaboration with electrodes design team to optimize cell performance
- Monitor market trends, and work with suppliers to maintain an awareness of state of the art technologies and processes
- Analyze data and main parameters to improve the overall battery system
- Participate to European and global conferences and represent the company’s project
- Support the construction/improvement of the team
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 4 years of experience from Li-ion battery cell development at a battery company and/or R&D company
- Experience in the use of tools such as AutoCad, SolidWorks, etc.
- Knowledge in the manufacturing process of Li-on cells
- Experience of modelling of cell performance is a STRONG PLUS
- Strong computer-design skills
- Experience at a battery company is a STRONG PLUS
- Experience in team-building and time management
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is a MUST
- Fluency in Italian (oral and written) is a PLUS
- Ability to work under pressure, with flexibility and to manage tight deadlines
- Good pitch presentation ability is a PLUS
- Location in Teverola, Caserta, Southern Italy
- Live and work close to Naples, Costiera Amalfitana, Capri, and Rome
- Stimulating work environment with a private and pleasant office
- Full time job
- Salary to be defined with Management (negotiable)
- Start date: ASAP, on site
Career section - FAQ
State aid: Commission approves €3.2 billion public support by seven Member States for a pan-European research and innovation project in all segments of the battery value chain: Link
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org